Find out about using the collections for your research.
Visiting for the first time?
– find out how to get here, directions, information about parking and other facilities from our Directions page.
Need to know more to plan your visit?
Groups are welcome. To pre-book a guided group visit please email email@example.com. Self-guided groups are welcome to visit during opening hours.
Our event calendar details our exciting programme of events held here at Heritage Quay. Please check our events calendar before making your visit, as occasionally the Group space may be closed if a ticketed event is running.
Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield HD1 3DH
Tel: +44(0)1484 473 168 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your feedback on all aspects of the service and the facilities at Heritage Quay.
The searchroom is now closed
|9:30am - 5pm||9:30am - 5pm|
Please call for Christmas opening hours
Please check the homepage for
Heritage Quay opening times
What's on soon
Huddersfield and District Archaeology Society Lecture
7:30pm, 6th December 2019
British Music Collection Study Day
10am, 13th December 2019
Come to see original documents in the searchroom
We suggest that you contact us in advance of your visit to make the best use of your time. You may find that you need to consult several different types of documents during your visit, such as books, parchment and maps.
More information about using the collections for your research
What to bring
We ask you to take into the searchroom only those items which you need for your research. We will securely store your bag(s) whilst you are using the searchroom
- Background information on your enquiry. This will help us to help you.
- Graphite pencils – to help us preserve the archives, pens and coloured pencils are not permitted.
- Digital cameras may be used to photograph most documents; flash photography and the use of tripods is forbidden. We have lightboxes available to borrow. Please note that copyright law applies to all records and other material – please ask us for advice. More information available from our research page.
- Mobile phones used for text messaging or photography in silent mode only in the searchroom.
- Laptops/tablet computers – we provide power sockets at most desks in the searchroom. You must ensure your own equipment is safe to plug in.
- Food and drink may not be taken into the searchroom – you will find coffee shops and refreshment areas on campus, including areas where you can eat your own food.