The University of Huddersfield’s extended copyright and disclaimer applies to your use of this website and its content.
heritagequay.org User Licence
This user licence sets out the terms on which you may use the content on heritagequay.org, unless otherwise stated in the content’s individual terms of access. For the purposes of this user licence, content means any material (in any format) that the University makes available to you to access and print or download on or through the heritagequay website ( www.heritagequay.org ) from time to time. By copying or using any content, you confirm that you accept the conditions of this user licence.
This user licence does not grant any rights to use the names, logos or trademarks of either the University of Huddersfield or Heritage Quay, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Permitted use of the content
You may copy any content only for non-commercial purposes, including but not limited to private study, research, or teaching and instruction within an educational establishment, under the following terms:
- If the permitted use of the content involves any distribution, dissemination or communication of the content (by any means or process) to another person, you must (wherever possible) acknowledge the source of the content in the following form.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices including attribution metadata, credits and notices, that are placed in or near the text, images or data.
Further copyright, data protection and privacy laws may still apply to content. You must comply with all terms or restrictions other than copyright (such as trademark, publicity and privacy rights, or contractual restrictions) as may be specified in the metadata or as may otherwise apply to the content. This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations that might apply to your use.
Prohibited use of the content
You must not use any part of the content for commercial purposes, except as permitted by statutory exceptions and limitations to copyright. For the purposes of this user licence, commercial purposes means any use of the content that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or monetary compensation. This includes any use on or in anything that is itself charged for, is connected with something that is charged for or is intended to make a profit.
In addition, you must not:
- subject the content to distortion, mutilation or other derogatory treatment of the author in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- use any content in a manner which may suggest that you are part of, or otherwise associated with, the University of Huddersfield, or any other body associated with it; or
- use any part of the content for purposes which might adversely affect the image, reputation, goodwill, distinctiveness or prestige of the University of Huddersfield or Heritage Quay or its collections.
Duration of permission
If you use any content in breach of the terms of this user licence, your right to use the heritagequay website will cease immediately and you must destroy any copies of the content you have made.
The University makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the reproduction of the content on the heritagequay website is made in accordance with applicable copyright and other rights laws. If, however, you are concerned that part of the content is included on the heritagequay website in breach of applicable rights laws, please contact email@example.com with
- your name;
- your contact details;
- the identity of the content; and
- the reason for your concern.
Please note that you may be asked to provide further information and/or supporting statements in relation to the content or your concern.
If the University receives a notice of concern in relation to any content made available on the heritagequay website, the following procedure will apply.
- The University will acknowledge receipt of your notice by email or post (as appropriate), and commence an initial assessment of the nature and validity of your concern.
- If your notice sets out a valid concern, the University will temporarily suspend access to the content, pending the outcome of an investigation into the reported concern.
- Where appropriate, the University will contact any person who contributed the content to the heritagequay website. That person will be provided with details of the reported concern and the opportunity to respond to the University.
- If the concern relates to any rights that you claim in the content, any person who contributed the content will, where appropriate, be provided with your contact details and encouraged to resolve the matter directly with you.
- If the University’s investigation finds in favour of the reported concern, and a resolution cannot be reached in accordance with paragraph 4 above, the content will remain unavailable on the heritagequay website until such time as a resolution is reached or the basis for the reported concern has ceased to apply.
If you have any comments or questions about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The University is not in a position to provide you with legal advice, but it will try to answer your questions where possible.