Find out about using the collections for your research.
Visiting for the first time?
– find out how to get here, directions, information about parking and other facilities from our Directions page.
Need to know more to plan your visit?
Groups are welcome. To pre-book a guided group visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-guided groups are welcome to visit during opening hours.
Our event calendar details our exciting programme of events held here at Heritage Quay. Please check our events calendar before making your visit, as occasionally the Group space may be closed if a ticketed event is running.
Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield HD1 3DH
Tel: +44(0)1484 473 168 Email: email@example.com
We welcome your feedback on all aspects of the service and the facilities at Heritage Quay.
The Research Room is now open
|9am - 4:30pm||9am - 4:30pm|
Please check the homepage for
Heritage Quay opening times
What's on soon
Oops, there aren't any events happening this week - please check back soon!
Come to see original documents in the research room
The research room is open on Mondays and Tuesdays 09.00 – 16.30.
To view original documents in the research room you will need to reserve your space at least three working days in advance by using our booking form.
When making your reservation you must include the details of any items you wish to see during your visit so we can retrieve these ready for you.
You may find that you need to consult several different types of documents during your visit, such as books, parchment and maps. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1484 473 168 to discuss your enquiry, or you can search our online catalogue to discover items to consult in the research room.
More information about using the collections for your research
What to bring
We ask you to take into the research room only those items which you need for your research. You can securely store your bag(s) and coats in lockers whilst you are using the research room.
- Graphite pencils – to help us preserve the archives, pens and coloured pencils are not permitted.
- Digital cameras may be used to photograph most documents; flash photography and the use of tripods is forbidden. We have lightboxes available to borrow. Please note that copyright law applies to all records and other material – please ask us for advice. More information available from our research page.
- Mobile phones used for text messaging or photography in silent mode only in the research room.
- Laptops/tablet computers – we provide power sockets at most desks in the research room. You must ensure your own equipment is safe to plug in.
- Food and drink may not be taken into the research room – you will find coffee shops and refreshment areas on campus, including areas where you can eat your own food.