Covid-19 Researcher Guidelines
We are very pleased to welcome you back to research at Heritage Quay!
In order to provide a Covid-secure research environment, we have had to change some of our procedures.
All these changes are designed to keep our staff and researchers safe. Please ask a member of staff if you have any questions. Please note, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask whilst you are visiting Heritage Quay.
• On arrival at Heritage Quay please make your way to the research room. If the glass door to the research room is closed please ring the doorbell.
• You must leave your belongings in the lockers provided. Staff will provide you with a key which you should return at the end of your visit. If you need to take a break you may retrieve your belongings, but please remember to return them before re-entering the research room.
• Please sanitise your hands at the station provided before entering the research room. Make sure your hands are thoroughly dry before handling archival materials.
• Please sit at the workstation as directed by the archive staff. When speaking with archive staff, please stand behind the perspex screen at the invigilation desk.
• Each workstation will have a tray with weights, book pillows and other preservation equipment assigned to it. Please make use of these items as you need to and return them to the tray after use.
• Please do not touch other users’ materials or stand near their desk.