We are recruiting for a Participation & Engagement Officer – a 3 year, project-funded temporary post.
The closing date is 28th April, and the recruitment pack can be downloaded here.
This post offers a unique opportunity for developing our learning programme in a brand-new heritage facility, working with target audiences and newly uncovered material in our archival collections. You will share responsibility for building audience engagement beyond the building ensuring we develop relationships with our target audiences. Your main activities will be to:
- initiate, develop and implement the Service’s programme of learning activities and events (such as talks, seminars,workshops) aimed at the key audiences of musicians, Rugby Football League spectators and fans, and users of other archives
- help to organise and assist at public events
- develop and co-ordinate co-creation programming groups and other volunteering opportunities
- build partnerships and liaise with appropriate partners locally,nationally and in the broader learning sector
- contribute to promotional activities and publicity .
You will have experience of working in a heritage environment, and the personal skills to build a network of successful relationships both with our target audiences and as a member of our team. As well as your skills and experience in planning, delivering and evaluating heritage activities you will have excellent organisational and time management skills.