Use enquiry and/or copying services without visiting
We offer a basic research service for free where we can advise you on what we hold relevant to your research, or whether we have a specific item. Remember new records are being added to the online catalogue all the time.
Our subject guides give a helpful overview of the principal topics represented in the collections; they are regularly updated as new material is added to the collections and catalogue.
We can also undertake more extensive research on your behalf if you are unable to visit to do this yourself. See our fees and charges for more information. You can pay for this securely online if you decide to use this service.
Within the requirements of copyright legislation we may also be able to provide you with copies of material we hold. See our copyright information and fees and charges document for more information. You can pay for this securely online if you decide to use this service.
For further details please contact us at email@example.com. Please give us as much information as you can when you get in touch as this will help us to help you. We will be able to advise you of costs and other information relevant to your specific enquiry. We will not undertake any work which costs without receiving payment from you.
Come to see original documents in the searchroom
We suggest that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1484 473 168 in advance of your visit to make the best use of your time during your visit.
Our location and opening times are on our visit page.
You may find that you need to consult several different types of documents during your visit, such as books, parchment and maps. On your visit please bring:
- Background information on your enquiry. This will help us to help you.
- Graphite pencils – to help us preserve the archives, pens and coloured pencils are not permitted.
- Digital cameras may be used to photograph most documents; flash photography and the use of tripods is forbidden. Copyright applies to all records – please ask us for advice. See our copyright information and fees and charges document for more information.
- Mobile phones used for text messaging or photography in silent mode only in the searchroom.
- Laptops/tablet computers – we provide power sockets at most desks in the searchroom. You must ensure your own equipment is safe to plug in.
- Food and drink may not be taken into the searchroom – you will find coffee shops and refreshment areas on campus, including areas where you can eat your own food.
The full guidance for the searchroom is here.