At Heritage Quay, we know that teachers have a few boxes to tick when it comes to researching school visits:
- you want activities to be educational and enjoyable for everyone
- you appreciate sessions which are relevant to the curriculum
- you like engaging activities supported by knowledgeable staff
- you love it when students are inspired by visits to explore further
- oh – and you’re looking for great value too!
Heritage Quay school workshops deserve a great big tick on every count! Our sessions are designed and delivered by qualified teaching and archive staff. Our cross-curricular approach meets objectives for Geography, Art, English, PSHE as well as History from KS1-3, and curriculum links and learning outcomes are clearly set out in pre-visit information.
Our workshops deliver the wow factor too- whether it’s interacting with our giant curvy screen, or getting hands on with artefacts over 150 years old, history will come to life for your students in a way that simply can’t be done in the classroom. While you’re here, add a campus tour into the mix and raise your students’ aspirations to higher education – it’s never too early to start talking about university!
Oh – and did we mention that Heritage Quay school workshops are free?
To find out more or to book a workshop for your school, take a look at our programme flyer Schools Programme at Heritage Quay or contact our Learning and Engagement Officer at T.Wells@hud.ac.uk or 01484 473168.
Heritage Quay is an Arts Award Supporter